First, if you are here: welcome. It is quite probable you know this site because of four main reasons:
- You are someone that I know and I told about this place where I write about some stuff that I like or just because I have to write it down for new things.
- You are someone from a company where I sent my application for an internship/job and in your online application form in the field of “website” I was brave enough to write this one.
- I don’t know why but you arrived here from Google.
- I want a room in your flat and you read my email. THANK YOU.
For all of you that you don’t know me here is something about me.
- I was born on 23rd of June. In Spain we call it “San Juan”. Big party on the beach every 23 of June all the night until next morning with bonfires everywhere.
- I’m from Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain. People from Galicia are different from the rest of the country. We have 100 words to define how is the rain. Imagine how much it rains in Galicia for having such amount of words. We are awesome.
- No, my name is not a common Spanish name. It is Basque.
- No, my surnames are not common Spanish surnames. I have no idea from where they are but they are awesome. Especially “Abonjo” (the “jo” sounds like the “ho” from ‘horrible’).
- One time I was making a boat trip in a river and one fish jumped from the water and hit my face.
- My father is a school janitor so I lived in a school. Yes. My house has a door that communicates my home with the school. When I was young and I was still studying there I went on house slippers to some lectures…
- I wanted to be an archaeologist specialized in Egypt. I was obsessed with Egypt history.
- Then I wanted to be a computer engineer.
- Then I wanted to study Marketing but my grades were not enough to entry so I started Business Administration.
- I discovered that I love capital markets and investments.
- I did my Erasmus in Finland, in Oulu (north of Finland) because I wanted to live in a completely different country than Spain and because I love cold places. It was the best experience of my life.
- After my Erasmus I knew that I wanted to live abroad and I discovered I wanted to gain working experience.
- I started to teach English.
- I used to paint graffiti.
- I started a project that was accepted in a business incubator called Yuzz to make it real.
- I got accepted for an internship in Munich in an awesome company called InterNations. During my internship I discovered how much I love online marketing. So I decided this would be my future career.
- I started one website called The Survival Bible with two colleagues from InterNations to have a real online marketing experience. It is being an incredible experience.
- I love poker.
- I love photography by the way.
- I could eat sushi everyday.
- One time I fell asleep in a train and I woke up 90km away from home. That was fun until I realised that I had no money to take the train back. That was scary.
- I like to read about almost everything. I find everything interesting. One time I discovered myself at 3am reading about the painting of fighter aircrafts, how they avoid radars and the physics behind it.
- I think I have watched more than 100 times Ocean’s Eleven.
- If I want something, I will do ALL is in my side to get it. For the internship at Google I send messages to former Google marketing interns to know their experiences, I talked with a current Google employee working on the HQ, I watched 4 hours of Google recruiters… Obviously it didn’t work as I expected.
- I don’t like warm milk.
- I don’t like eggs neither.
- I like to cook.
- During 6 months I lived with 3 Chinese students and you can read about it here.
- Also during 5 months I lived with two girls and you can read about it here.
- In my life I have lived with Chinese, Hungarian, Polish, German, Austrian and Spanish people.
- In my life I have worked in the same team with Italian, Chinese, German, Ukranian, Danish, Serbian, Bulgarian, Finnish, Brazilian, French, Portuguese, Czech, Spanish, Greek, Colombian, Swedish, Dutch, Japanese, Norwegian, Australian, Canadian, Austrian, Mexican, Peruvian and Russian people.
- Currently I am living in Berlin doing Online Marketing and CRM.
I think that it is almost all. More or less.